- High School graduate or equivalent.
- Bachelor Degree preferred.
- Minimum two (2) years’ experience in an active cardiac catheterization lab or equivalent.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Thorough knowledge of cardiovascular anatomy, physiology, and hemodynamics as well as cardiovascular equipment and supplies.
- Working knowledge of formulae used to calculate gradients, shunts and cardiac output.
- Ability to recognize life threatening arrhythmias under all monitoring situations
- Knowledge of X-Ray principles as they relate to cardiovascular procedures, cineography, and fluoroscopy.
- Demonstrates knowledge and ability in the repair or adjustment for minor equipment problems and collaborates with other departments. (i.e., Bio-Med, engineering).
- Demonstrates knowledge of hemodynamic and cardiac monitoring.
- Demonstrates the ability to interpret pressure waveforms and operate all physiological recording equipment.
- Demonstrate knowledge of cardiac cauterization and interventional procedure tools (catheters, balloons, stands, etc.
- Must understand and be able to file charges in Epic.
- Certified CV Tech or equivalent in combination of education and experience
- Exerting up to 25 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body.
- Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time.
- Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of The Brookdale Hospital Medical Center.
BHMC is an equal opportunity employer, it is our policy to provide equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, marital status, military status, age, gender, sexual orientation, disability or handicap or other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws