Internal & 1199 SEIU:
- Graduate of accredited nursing program(s).
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing preferred.
Non 1199 SEIU Candidates:
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing or equivalent to BSN program.
- Master's degree in Nursing, preferred.
- Minimum two (2) years' experience in medical surgical, or intensive care or related experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Critical thinking, math, and computer skills; Works as a team player.
- Demonstrates respect and professionalism in all interactions.
- Excellent oral and communication skills.
- Decision making and problem solving.
- Able to read, write, see and hear English.
- Current NY State RN License
- Basic Life SUpport (BLS)
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
- Trauma Nursing Core Course (TNCC)
- Certified in Emergency Nursing (CEN) preferred
- Certified in Pediatric Emergency Nursing (CPEN) preferred
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program Certification (NRP) preferred
- Sexual Assault Forensic Examiner (SAFE) preferred
- Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner (SANE) preferred
- Emergency Nursing Pediatric Course (ENPC) preferred
- Physically demanding, high-stress environment requiring prolonged periods of standing, reaching, walking throughout the working day.
- Position will be required to stoops, bends, lifts, carry items weighing up to 35 pounds for routine performance of essential functions.
- An individual in this position may be exposed to: Adverse indoor environmental conditions, Blood borne pathogens, Blood and body fluids, Physical hazards (e.g., needle pricks, etc.), communicable diseases, chemical hazards, radiation, and repetitive motions.
- Full range of body motion, able to lift up to 100 pounds, if necessary, to assist lifting and moving patients.
- Manual and finger dexterity, as well as hand and eye coordination.
- Corrected vision and hearing to within normal range
- Frequently sitting at desk working on computer
- Ability to flex working hours.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of The Brookdale Hospital Medical Center.
BHMC is an equal opportunity employer, it is our policy to provide equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, marital status, military status, age, gender, sexual orientation, disability or handicap or other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.